FAQ - Complaints







Board Logo

Frequently Asked Questions

Complaints about an Employer

Many questions are asked at the Board about an employee having problems with their employer. However, did you know that the Alberta Labour Relations Board does not deal with most of these complaints? It is actually another department called the Employment Standards Branch.


Q: I am having problems with my employer, do I contact the Alberta Labour Relations Board?

A: Not necessarily. If you are a union worker, yes, you need to contact a labour relations officer of the Alberta Labour Relations Board. However, if you do not belong to a trade union, you need to contact a different office -- the Employment Standards Branch. (Read more about the Employment Standards Branch through this link).



Have a question to add to FAQ?

Can't find the answer to your question?
Please take a minute and email us.

Return to FAQ Page


| Home | Disclaimer | Contact Us |
Copyright ©1996 Alberta Labour Relations Board